(not available in Chinese) The palace belonged to the noble Pettelli family, whose members were counts. They held a number of important positions in the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries. In 1725 the exiled King James III and Queen Clementina of England stayed there. As a reminder of their visit there is an inscription above the entrance of the door and one on the two stone columns found inside the door. The ashlar portal (stone door surround) is also of interest.