This large rectangular building to the west of Palazzo Farnese, whose internal walls measure about 100 meters in length, 15 meters in width and 20 meters height, once housed the stables of the Palazzo. On the outside there is a monumental entrance oriented towards the Palazzo consisting of an Imperial staircase in the Baroque style. Completed in 1585 it was built to stable about 120 horses. It also had areas used as barns and garages for carriages, as well as housing for grooms and squires. During the twentieth century the former stables were used as the site of a summer holiday camp, but after careful restoration it has become a multipurpose centre for events and conferences, and is the headquarters of the State Institution for Hotel and Catering.